Outcome Health’s POLAR GP
POLAR GP is an ‘in practice’ software product for GPs, Practice Managers and other staff to use within their practice to support internal operations, patient-centred care, quality improvement and business development. This data is identified to patient and provider and does not leave the individual practice.
Filters can be easily added or removed by clicking on the charts and tables across multiple tabs. For example, practices can identify at-risk patients on a range of clinical indicators, audit appropriate medications and immunisations, track patient and practitioner outcomes, improve data quality and pinpoint business development opportunities.
POLAR GP has multiple tabs for the user to explore and apply filters.
Benefits of POLAR GP:
- Extensive data mapping
- POLAR GP maps free-text and coded GP diagnosis to Australian SNOMED-CT and a Higher Order Diagnosis categorisation systems so free-texted diagnoses are not lost. This is the only program that currently does this in Australia
- POLAR GP maps medications to the World Health Organisations ATC Drug classification
- POLAR GP maps Pathology data into GP relevant categories
- POLAR GP is currently mapping SNOMED diagnosis categories to Australian understood concepts of Chronic disease with the Australian Digital Health Agency
- Identifying patient cohorts for appropriate activities such as health assessments, immunisations, GP management plans and team care arrangements and patient education
- Data quality relevant to accreditation and other data management activities
- Understand and track what MBS items are most commonly utilised and what activities could increase specific MBS items
- Easy to export patient lists
De-identified GP Data and PHNs
De-identified data is also sent from the general practice to its local PHN for analysis to help them identify system gaps and work towards developing better health services for the community.
Patients not wishing to have their de-identifed data passed on from their practice to their local PHN can advise their GP or its reception at the time of their appointment. Each PHN can provide their practices with appropriate opt-out forms.
GPs wishing to have POLAR GP installed in their practice will need to contact their local PHN.
Outcome Health takes data security seriously. We go to every effort to ensure your patients identifying information is not taken offsite from your practice. We are constantly updating and reviewing our security protocols to ensure legislative and best practice compliance in line with ISO27001 standards.